Star Performer in 2017-18 Ferro Alloys Medium Enterprise Phone No - +91-11-27224771 E-mail :
Manufacturing, Trading, Importing and Exporting of ferro alloys and metals.
  Contact Us

High Carbon Ferro Manganese

High-carbon ferromanganese (HCFeMn) is one of the most widely used ferroalloy in the world. High-carbon ferromanganese (HC FeMn) is a manganese alloy, smelted directly from manganese ores. Its manganese content ranges from 70-80 wt% and its carbon content from 6-7 wt%. It is the most-used ferroalloy in terms of quantity and its applications are mostly steel production (90%), with the remaining 10% being used in foundries and welding.

Ferro Manganese is produced by reduction of Manganese Oxide in blast furnaces or electric furnaces. It is a very flexible process in that the slags can be reprocessed into Ferro Silico Manganese which in turn can be further refined into Medium and Low Carbon Ferro Manganese. Ferro Manganese was invented in 1860 by Sir Henry Bessemer as a way to add Manganese during steel making with the advantage that a combination of Iron and Manganese Oxide results in a lower melting point for the alloy Ferro Manganese compared to pure Manganese Oxide. Standard Ferro Manganese (or High Carbon Ferro Manganese) is a commonly used alloy produced by the reduction of manganese ore in the presence of carbon. Typically it contains 75% manganese and 7% carbon. Worldwide production of Ferro Manganese in 2008 was approximately 4.5 million tons, with China being the worlds largest producer.


  • Impeccable chemical composition
  • Free from impurities
  • Corrosion proof
  • Fine anti-oxidant characteristics
  • Low melting point
  • Sturdiness

Size : Normally, we supply the material in 10-80 mm to10-100 mm size lumps. However for specific requirement. we do accept the order for other size also.

High Carbon Ferro Manganese

High Carbon Ferro Manganese - Specifications

SiMn High Carbon Ferro Manganese
MN 75% AND 76%
SI 1.5% MAX.
C 6-8%
S 0.05% MAX
P 0.25% MAX
Can We Help?
Copyright 2019 Metallic Ferro Alloys LLP. All rights reserved. powered by Disha infotech